[Tagging] wikidata <> other ref

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 04:26:54 UTC 2017

The use case with Wikidata for me is an app/website based on OSM that
wants to link to other sources for more information. The main example
is the historic place (http://gk.historic.place) website. They display
all historic items. In order to make it easy on the user of that
website to learn more about an historic item, they provide links
(based on data in OSM) to .e.g Wikidata, but also to WIkipedia or
websites of heritage agencies.

Such an application would be a lot harder to develop IMHO, if you have
use any of the other solutions you, Martin and Christian propose. Then
you end up with a solution as offered by OsmAnd, where you have an
additional set of POIs based on e.g. Wikipedia articles with
coordinates that are hopefully correct.

m.