[Tagging] part_of:wikidata key

Yuri Astrakhan yuriastrakhan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 02:35:38 UTC 2017

Jo, take a look at
* Links to Wikipedia pages about multiple objects
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Wikipedia_Link_Improvement_Project#Links_to_Wikipedia_pages_about_multiple_objects>

There are several cases when an OSM feature matches a part of
Wiki(pedia|data) article, and I don't think part_of would cover them all.
Also, Wikipedia page usually represents a "concept", whereas part of the
page may or may not contain that concept - often depending on the language
of the wiki.  I think a more generic "related:wikipedia" is  more
appropriate - it would indicate that there is no 1:1 matching article or
wikidata, but it would help future OSM editors find relevant information in
a Wikipedia page.

P.S. I tried to document some of the requirements for the OSM Permanent ID
* https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Permanent_ID