[Tagging] Permanent IDs RFC (was part_of:wikidata)

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 12:46:16 UTC 2017

I think permanent IDs should be done with our own Wikidata. Wikibase is a
Wikimedia extension, that means our own Wiki can install OSMData right now.
Then if you want to open a permanent ID for a shop, create a new OSMData
item, and tag the shop with OSMData=M38267 (M instead of Q, for Map).

This permanent ID won't just be an empty number, but it can have all sorts
of structured data attached to it, for example Name, so mappers can see
what that ID is about.

Of course, duplicating data would be strongly discouraged, and that can be
easily done by restricting properties that can be added to items. So
property "religion" won't be available for church items, because that
property is already expected in the OSM database.

Janko