[Tagging] Permanent IDs RFC (was part_of:wikidata)

Yuri Astrakhan yuriastrakhan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 19:30:08 UTC 2017

> Immutable objects with a previous ID field would solve that. Every edit
> will create or delete, no modify. First version's ID will be your
> persistent ID.

Erkin, the whole idea of the permanent ID is for it to always point to the
same "conceptual" object. If I create a road, and use an ID for that road
somewhere, I would like that ID to continue working even if the road gets
broken up into multiple segments.  I am not exactly sure how your approach
would solve that.