[Tagging] Proposed deletion of wiki pages about motorcycle_friendly=*

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 3 10:32:56 UTC 2017

Le 03. 10. 17 à 11:52, Martin Koppenhoefer a écrit :

>     Please describe which 'problems' you fear to appear if it's not deleted.
>
> If everybody creates feature pages for his personal, low usage features,
> the wiki looses it's function of documenting the generally used and
> established features, as they are not identifiable any more. You already
> have the proposal page, which states that this is a proposal, and
> documents the tags, no need to create confusion and clutter with a
> feature page that is not justified at this point.
>
> In the discussions about this tag, there have also been various comments
> of other mappers, that explained why they think that these tags are not
> suitable, so it should probably considered disputed.

+1

and more, if you delete the banners that warn the problem, it is clearly
an intention to mislead people and / or manipulate the result of the
invalid vote of the proposal, which in my opinion alone justifies a
radical clarification to make the difference between "a mapper creates a
lot of tag for its use" and "a validated proposal which allows to
"guarantee" a research of quality and opinion predominantly positive"

take a look at its history of massive new tag creation while the
majority are current proposals
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?limit=500&title=Special%3AContributions&contribs=user&target=Rtfm&namespace=&tagfilter=&newOnly=1&year=2017&month=-1

it is obviously how he work to add tags he want in "in use",
it is problematic

Regards,
Marc