[Tagging] war_memorial

José G Moya Y. josemoya at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 17:26:09 UTC 2017

+1.
But I wonder if memorial=war_memorial was created with a shape in mind,
that of large walls with long lists of names on it we see on american
movies.

(In Spain, collective memorials are either big plaques, statues or
obelisks. The plaques, typical of the Spanish war of 1936-39, are being
removed in fulfillment of the Historical Memory Law).

El 3/10/2017 17:16, "Janko Mihelić" <janjko at gmail.com> escribió:

uto, 3. lis 2017. u 12:19 Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
napisao je:

> There also a "topic" key in small use: https://taginfo.openstreetmap.
> org/keys/topic#values maybe rather than theme it could be
> "memorial:topic=war"?

Ok, memorial:topic=war.

Is this thread enough to deprecate war_memorial on the wiki? Or should we
first create a new wiki for memorial:topic=*?

I would also bring up the tag subject:wikidata=*, but I'm afraid the
current flames on other threads would spread here :)

Janko