[Tagging] war_memorial

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 19:06:13 UTC 2017

> The Vietnam War Memorial is the first one in US history, to my knowledge,
to list all of the American casualties.
​
​Depending on domain of "all" ... it's the only national "all", but not the
first to list all for a smaller demographic unit than nation.

Harvard U's Memorial Hall lists all alumni who fell in the Union army,
sorted by Class year, on interior hall walls.​

Even some small town memorials ​attempted to list sons lost in Civil War,
Spanish American war, or WW1.

Even a larger town like Norwalk CT  lists all its WW1 fallen on 7 panels
below a piece of heavy artillery.
http://www.passioncompassion1418.com//Canons/ImagesCanons/France/Lourde/155Mle1877Norwalk1.jpg
  c/o
http://www.passioncompassion1418.com//Canons/ImagesCanons/France/Lourde/FC155Lm1877Norwalk.html

​We don't seem to have that monument on OSM.  If we agree on how to tag
these, I could add it, as i've been there and taken my own pictures and
waypoint.
   http://www.openstreetmap.org/query?lat=41.11840&lon=-73.40806

Amusing, I found a history of how the monument and gun were once together,
then separated, each relocated separately, and finally re-united:
    http://ctmonuments.net/2009/03/world-war-monument-norwalk/​
​
​(They are reunited now, at East & Park, in the Norwalk Green southern
apex.)​