[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Validity of Route Relations

Michael Reichert osm-ml at michreichert.de
Thu Oct 12 19:10:20 UTC 2017

Hi,

every year timetables of many public transport services in Europe change
on the second Saturday in December at 24:00. At this date lots of
changes are necessary to route relations – operators change, reference
numbers change or whole networks are restructured.

I would like to introduce a tag called timetable:valid_until=* which
indicates until which date a route is valid. If you update a route, you
usually know until when the corresponding timetable is valid.

For further information and the reasons why I did not choose a
corresponding start tag, see
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_Features/Validity_of_Route_Relations

Feedback is welcomed, especially if you have suggestions for the name of
the key.

I crosspost to the Talk-transit mailing list, the German mailing list
"Nahverkehr" and the German OSM forum because the German forum is place
where people frequently discuss public transport mapping.

https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-transit/2017-October/001876.html
https://lists.openstreetmap.de/pipermail/nahverkehr/2017-October/000046.html
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=667930#p667930

Best regards