[Tagging] New OSM Quick-Fix service

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 09:56:16 UTC 2017

On 13/10/2017 22:25, Yuri Astrakhan wrote:
> I would like to introduce a new quick-fix editing service.  It allows
> users to generate a list of editing suggestions using a query, review
> each suggestion one by one, and click "Save" on each change if they
> think it's a good edit.
>
> For example, RU community wants to convert amenity=sanatorium  ->
> leisure=resort + resort=sanatorium.  Clicking on a dot shows a popup
> with the suggested edit. If you think the edit is correct, simply
> click Save.
> Try it: http://tinyurl.com/y8mzvk84

That just points at an http query to an unknown IP address and returns
"server error".

Can you please explain what problem you are trying to solve?

In the case of a tagging change that isn't a typing error such as "
amenity=sanatorium  ->  leisure=resort + resort=sanatorium" this is
clearly a mechanical edit and needs to be discussed within the relevant
community (and I'll assume that in the "sanatorium" case it already has
been), but the changeset comment needs to follow
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Good_changeset_comments and not
simply echo what people can already see from the object history.

> I have started a Quick fixes wiki page, where we can share and discuss
> quick fix ideas.
> * Quick fixes <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Quick_fixes>
> * Documentation
> <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Wikidata%2BOSM_SPARQL_query_service#Quick-fix_Editor>

I've read both of those and am frankly none the wiser.

Regards,
Andy