[Tagging] New OSM Quick-Fix service

Éric Gillet gill3t.3ric+osm at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 20:30:40 UTC 2017

> I would like to introduce a new quick-fix editing service.  It allows
> users to generate a list of editing suggestions using a query, review each
> suggestion one by one, and click "Save" on each change if they think it's a
> good edit.
>
> For example, RU community wants to convert  amenity=sanatorium  ->
> leisure=resort + resort=sanatorium.  Clicking on a dot shows a popup with
> the suggested edit. If you think the edit is correct, simply click Save.
> Try it:  http://tinyurl.com/y8mzvk84
>
> I have started a Quick fixes wiki page, where we can share and discuss
> quick fix ideas.
> * Quick fixes <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Quick_fixes>
> * Documentation
> <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Wikidata%2BOSM_SPARQL_query_service#Quick-fix_Editor>
>
> This is a very new project, and bugs are likely. Please go slowly, and
> check the resulting edits. Let me know if you find any problems. Your
> technical expertise is always welcome, see the code at
> https://github.com/nyurik/wikidata-query-gui  The service has adapted
> some code from the Osmose project (thanks!)
>
> TODO:
> * Allow multiple edits per one change set
> * Show objects instead of the dots
> * Allow users to change comment before saving

First of, I comend you for the calm you've expressed in this thread, in
face of the hostile (I don't mean constructive criticism) answers you've
been getting.

I think this is a nice tool, however as for every tool, it can be used for
good and bad things. As long as you adress pertinent feedback I encourage
you to continue developping this tool.
As Simon pointed out, having a "False positive" button on each correction
would be really helpful (like Osmose for example).

Éric