[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - (Fire Hydrant Extensions)

Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 23:00:09 UTC 2017

Martin wrote: "You don't have to wait, you can use new tags whenever you
want. Just removing existing tags is complicated, adding new ones isn't. *)"

+1
The entire voting process is non-binding. It's a referendum of the opinions
of the few people who read this list, take the trouble to analyze a
proposal and finally to vote on it. Achieving consensus is a worthy goal
but IMHO is virtually impossible.

On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 1:14 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com
> wrote:

>> We can't block this proposal any more. In a way or in another we need the
>> new tags as soon as possible.
>

> You don't have to wait, you can use new tags whenever you want. Just
> removing existing tags is complicated, adding new ones isn't. *)
>
> As long as you don't perform automatic / mechanical edits, for which you
> need to follow the guidelines:
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Automated_edits
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Automated_Edits_code_of_conduct
> This also covers "use of find-and-replace functionality using a standard
> editor such as JOSM or finding using services such as Overpass API and
> changing without reviewing cases individually".
>
> Cheers,
> Martin

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska