[Tagging] objectivity

Thilo Haug thaug at gmx.de
Sun Oct 29 21:37:12 UTC 2017

Regarding the "objectivity in the tag definition " there's still a lot of
work to do in the wiki.
What defines a sport shop versus an outdoor shop, for example ? IMHO only a
number of values may define something 'objective'.
Recently, there's been a discussion about landing strips for airplanes. I'm
not in favour to nail it down to the best definition of the main tag, but
to describe it using the keys.

Am Sonntag, 29. Oktober 2017 22:18:56 CET schrieb Stefan Keller
<sfkeller at gmail.com>:
>> That's probably to be discussed over at tagging mailing list.
> Sorry, forget this last sentence.
>
> Given that there's like wheelchair=yes and kids_area=yes [1] one could
> introduce s'thing like animal friendly properties to amenities (bar,
> restaurant, hotel, ...).
> But IMHO it should be declared as such at the location and/or the webpage.
> No idea yet about the key/values except that it should include also
> other animaly besides dogs :-).
>
> :Stefan
>
> [1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:kids_area

>> Hi,
>>
>> There are similar keys like "wheelchair" and allowed vehicles in
>> streets (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:access ).
>> If there's enough objectivity in the tag definition I'd support that.
>> That's probably to be discussed over at tagging mailing list.
>>
>> :Stefan

>>> Its a bit more than simply allowed, although I do think dog friendly is
>>> a bit subjective in the same way motorcycle friendly was.
>>>
>>> Maybe you can tag the features that make it dog friendly, such a jar of
>>> biscuits, water bowls provided for example.
>>>

>>> Cafes are not somewhere you would normally classify as dog friendly,
>>> non-assistance dogs are not allowed where food is being served, but dog
>>> friendly pubs are fairly common.
>>>
>>> Phil (trigpoint)

Mit Dekko von meinem Ubuntu-Gerät gesendet