[Tagging] winter tyres

Michal Fabík michal.fabik at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 15:31:16 UTC 2017

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 4:12 PM, Kevin Kenny
<kevin.b.kenny+osm at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Good_practice#Don.27t_map_your_local_legislation.2C_if_not_bound_to_objects_in_reality

Thanks for pointing this out, I wasn't even quite aware of this. When
I suggested winter_equipment=yes and winter_equipment=<time range>, I
was thinking of the latter way as optional, to indicate the
country-wide time range. Thinking about it now, with the "don't map
your local legislation" in mind, I think I remember seeing traffic
signs that actually indicated the time range (I'm not sure in what
country it was though - can somebody confirm?). This second option
would then make sense for cases like that.

Regards,

--
Michal Fabík