[Tagging] winter tyres

Michal Fabík michal.fabik at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 18:19:36 UTC 2017

> sent from a phone
>
>> On 31. Oct 2017, at 16:31, Michal Fabík <michal.fabik at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Good_practice#Don.27t_map_your_local_legislation.2C_if_not_bound_to_objects_in_reality
>

> if there’s a sign “winter equipment required” it is bound to an object in reality.

I'm not disputing that. I was commenting on Kevin Kenny's pointing out
the "don't map your local legislation" rule in response to your question
whether "we want to tag "winter equipment required" and this means
different things in different jurisdictions, or if we set up a series of
more atomic tags that spell out the implications of "winter equipment"."

Bearing this rule in mind, it seems logical to only use
"winter_equipment_required=yes" or
"winter_equipment_required=<time_range>" (if the traffic signs specifies
a time range), rather than tags for all the implications of winter
equipment.

Regards,

--
Michal Fabík