[Tagging] shop=boutique WAS Re: Tagging Digest, Vol 96, Issue 3

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 13:25:41 UTC 2017

sent from a phone

> On 3. Sep 2017, at 19:01, Thilo Haug <thaug at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> How would you then avoid "multivalues" ?
>
> For example for brand=*
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:brand
>
> If a shop sells several brands (Honda;Yamaha;Suzuki;BMW;KTM),
> how would you tag this ?

Yes, you can't avoid multiple values here, but it's not a big problem here either, because it's clear it's a list of brands.

It's different when you tag
clothes=women;workwear (how it's currently done) because you don't know if that means workwear for women or workwear (for all genders) and clothes for women.

> In the clothes example, we could certainly split the characteristics up in
>
> clothes:for=men/women/children
> clothes:material=fur/leather/fabric/denim
> clothes:type=fashion/sports/work/wedding

yes, something like this is much better than a simple "clothes" key where it remains unclear what kind of property should go there.

Cheers ,
Martin