[Tagging] farm schools?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 08:59:03 UTC 2017

> On 04.09.2017 22:01, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>
>> On 4. Sep 2017, at 21:45, José G Moya Y. <josemoya at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> In Spanish it is farm_school.
>>>
>> in italian it's "fattoria didattica" (didactic farm), in German there are
>> different terms in use, e.g. Jugendfarm, Kinderbauernhof.
>>

> Hm, in Berlin we have some tagged as
>
> landuse=farmyard + tourism=zoo + zoo=petting_zoo and some description.
> This tagging style would have a focus on farm animals (vs. growing plants)
>
> zoo=petting_zoo is currently defined as "Small zoo or garden for kids to
> touch and play with animals"

yes, I have seen this, and knowing two examples in Berlin (Görlitzer Park
and Mauerpark) I agree that this tagging is working for these cases. But
IMHO it isn't working for actual farms in the countryside where food
production is a significant part of their business, but which are also
explicitly open to visiting families or school classes. And as you notice
correctly, it doesn't refer to growing plants in any way. I believe many of
the rural examples don't qualify as any kind of zoo.

Cheers,
Martin