[Tagging] Emergency shelters

Nick Hocking nick.hocking at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 03:12:35 UTC 2017

Eric wrote   "Why would you delete data that is still valid and useful?"

My concern is that if these are permanent features, then people will say
"ooh - they'll be the same as last time" and of course they probably won't
be the same as last time and we may route people to a wrong place, with
possible tragic results.

I agree that this information should be left in place, but marked ,
unusable, until specifically activated by authorities, which I agree should
be well ahead of time, so long as people know that they will not be usable
until a state of emergency is declared.

Activation should be on a center by centre basis so that authorities will
be more likely to ensure the list of centers is accurate and up-to-date.

I also think that this information should NOT be edited, in any way by
anyone other than the authorities. This brings back the old arguments about
read only data in OSM.