[Tagging] electrical cattle grid

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 09:40:40 UTC 2017

On 10-Sep-17 06:12 PM, Philip Barnes wrote:

> On 9 September 2017 23:12:24 BST, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Err no, it is not a fence.
>> A router will not go through a fence, it will go through a cattle grid.
>>
>> For that reason I'd use cattle grid - that is how it functions.
>> Possibly tag
>> barrier=cattle_grid
>> cattle_grid=electric
>>
>> That contains all the information, and will get used/rendered as a
>> useful thing.
>>
>> On 10-Sep-17 02:19 AM, José G Moya Y. wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>> I think it's listed in Fence.
>>> barrier_type=fence
>>> fence_type=electric.
> Maybe add foot=no, normal cattle grids have to have a gate next to them but most walkers go over the grid.

Usually the gate next to the grid is for heavy vehicles - too heavy for the grid, at least around here. I have seen a grid with part of one rung broken off.

> Sounds like an evil idea.

I'd think they would not last long ... might be cheaper than the cattle grid and installed for a temporary measure?

It would be a simple matter to hop - provided you keep to one bit at a time you should be ok.