[Tagging] Fire hydrants vs suction_point

Moritz osm at moritzmueller.ee
Thu Sep 14 11:02:26 UTC 2017

Am 2017-09-14 12:46, schrieb marc marc:

>> With that scheme it is clear, that the amount of water is unlimited
>> (waterbody) or limited (pond, together with the
>> volume key)
> would not it be easier to keep the 2 separate info?
> water_source for the source (stream, river, lake, ocean, sea)
> water_volume=x m3 or illimited (or something like that)

I'm afraid that I'm not understanding you right.

What do you mean with

> would not it be easier to keep the 2 separate info?

I would group unlimited, natural sources (stream, river, lake, ocean,
sea) under
water_source=waterbody

Artificially created pond as
water_source=pond

and where the volume is known (pond, swimming_pool) add the
water_volume key.

For hydrants it makes no sense to distinguish between river, lake etc.
The important information is
that it is one of the unlimited sources. And to minimize the amount of
values waterbody should be enough.
Therefore we don't need  water_volume=unlimited in this case.

Maybe  water_volume=unlimited should be optional and the default value?