[Tagging] Fire hydrants vs suction_point

Moritz osm at moritzmueller.ee
Thu Sep 14 11:56:19 UTC 2017

Hi Marc,

> if you want to group unlimited sources, it seems best to use
> water_volume instead of creating an "artificial" value for
> the tag water_source

I want to group natural water sources. That these are unlimited is  just
a side effect.
And waterbody is not artificial.

What is the advantage of clarifying the source to stream, lake, river
etc?
For me it makes the key water_source more complex without an advantage.

> I think it is easy and a better quality to put the type of source
> in water_source and the volume in water_volume instead of having
> the volume that influences the source value.

Why should we add another key (water_volume) to an unlimited source
where
the information "unlimited" is implicitly given by the
water_source=waterbody key?

Again this would add more complexity.

Cheers
Moritz