[Tagging] contact:* for review websites

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Sat Sep 16 08:17:45 UTC 2017

On 16.09.2017 00:56, Tom Pfeifer wrote:
> IMHO these are not means of contact, instead these are review websites.
> While I personally think that we do not need them in OSM at all, they
> certainly do not belong in the contact:* namespace.

I agree that these aren't contact channels, and it makes no sense to put
them into that namespace.

Regarding your second point, I'm also not a big fan of having these in
OSM at all. I appreciate links to open content sites (Wikipedia,
Wikidata and so on), as well as the official website of an entity. But
advertising non-open third-party sites – and inevitably favouring them
over their competitors – doesn't feel right. This group of keys also
seems to be a favourite of SEO spammers and their ilk.

Tobias