[Tagging] Access by permit

Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 08:53:15 UTC 2017

@SwiftFast,

>So far I just used "access=customers" and explained the permit required
>in "description".

Based on what the Wiki says, I don't think your usage is quite correct:

This tag applies to objects which may be used or accessed only by
*customers* of a specific store, bank, restaurant, etc., which people visit.

Examples of such objects are:

   - parking lots
   - service ways
   - entrances
   - toilets

Plus, by including the permit requirement in the description tag, I would
be willing to bet it's essentially invisible to other OSM mappers, routers,
etc.

The proposed new access=permit tag would be a good first step to resolve
this.

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 3:20 PM, SwiftFast <swiftfast at gmx.com> wrote:

> So far I just used "access=customers" and explained the permit required
> in "description".

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska
Chiang Mai, Thailand