[Tagging] How to tag "agricultural centers"

Mark Bradley ethnicfoodisgreat at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 14:03:57 UTC 2017

Thanks for all the replies.  It seems there are two already-established tagging schemes for what I want to map.  They are

shop=agrarian

or

shop=trade
trade=agricultural_supplies

According to Taginfo, these schemes are used approximately equally, so I'll use one of them.  That being said, I'm not surprised I didn't initially discover either one of these.  I don't think most people (including myself) would think of one of these features as a "shop," so that's why I never considered this tag.  Such are the quirks of OSM.

Mark