[Tagging] no_u_turn restrictions for every entry/exit into a roundabout when the way is split because of physical separation?

osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au
Thu Apr 5 02:28:22 UTC 2018

shows the following for me, are you not seeing this?

Comment from Ds5rUy <https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Ds5rUy>  2 days ago

What's the rational for adding the no_u_turn restrictions for every single entry/exit to a roundabout where there are two physically separated ways?

We discussed exactly that in the #osm channel a few weeks ago, and IIRC came to the conclusion that this is not necessary or desirable.

There are no "no u-turn" signs at these locations, it's simply physically a really stupid idea to attempt a u-turn there.

Which is something that routing software should be able to derive from the geometry of the ways.

AFAIK, restriction relations are meant to represent signed legal restrictions only.