[Tagging] no_u_turn restrictions for every entry/exit into a roundabout when the way is split because of physical separation?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 10:20:29 UTC 2018

> So, what is the general opinion about this here? Should these turn
> restrictions be created or not?

I think with the current system the relations are needed, maybe it could be
sufficient to have an attribute on the way which says no u-turn (in many
jurisdictions this is expressed with a solid divider line)? It is not
possible to prevent turning just by looking at the angle. If they are
missing it would normally not be a problem, but I spoke once to someone who
makes traffic simulation and he told me if the relations are missing (which
wouldn't be discovered as a problem in normal circumstances for routing,
because choosing the wrong link way to go into the forbidden direction
would be longer) it will not make a good model.(the same might apply for
routing that takes realtime traffic data into account)

Cheers,
Martin