[Tagging] no_u_turn restrictions for every entry/exit into a roundabout when the way is split because of physical separation?

osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au
Fri Apr 6 00:45:54 UTC 2018

I never said anything about _not_ having some way to encode such default rules. In fact, if you look at my recent posts here, you will see that I specifically pointed out the current lack of such a schema as an issue that needs to be solved. I also pointed out that the lack of “permission” relations is another issue that needs to be solved. I’m directly affected by both of these as I’m in Queensland and “no u-turn at signal controlled intersections” is the law in queensland.

In regards to the wiki, while it may not be “gospel”, there are usually reasons for the statements there, especially with things that have been unchallenged for a long time and which had been discussed in detail before (you did bother to look at the iD issue I linked, right?) So as long as it isn’t case of recent drive-by-night wiki fiddling, some thought should be put into figuring out why that statement is in the wiki instead of simply disregarding everything.

Cheers,

Thorsten