[Tagging] Still RFC — Drop stop positions and platforms

Selfish Seahorse selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 09:04:19 UTC 2018

>> Furthermore,
>> double tagging doesn't work if the sidewalk is called 'X Road' and the
>> bus stop 'Y Square'.
>

> in this case you’ll have a platform object and a sidewalk object that happen to be at the same place.

But that way you say that there are two separate objects, which isn't
true: it's just one physical object that functions both as a sidewalk
and a platform.

Because two name tags on the same object doesn't work, I think it is
best to map the sidewalk as a way and public_transport=platform as a
node for cases where the bus/tram stop is at a sidewalk.