[Tagging] Still RFC — Drop stop positions and platforms

Alan Grant alangrant72 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 12:57:21 UTC 2018

Same in Ireland, I don't think I ever hear any part of a bus referred to as
a platform, possibly because we didn't have those Routemaster buses with
open boarding areas.

And yes, a bus stop is a bus stop, plain and simple. It is not a platform
because there is normally no raised structure. Rail and bus have different
physical infrastructure so it is not surprising they use different words.
In that sense highway=bus_stop was a lot closer to natural language.