[Tagging] Flower fields as tourism attraction

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 00:12:20 UTC 2018

On 10/04/18 09:51, John Willis wrote:

>> On Apr 10, 2018, at 5:47 AM, John Willis <johnw at mac.com
>> <mailto:johnw at mac.com>> wrote:
>>
>> landuse=flowerbed
>
> !!!!
>
> Although I searched the wiki and didn’t find the page I was looking
> for — when I googled for it, I found a “defacto” page made for
> landuse=flowerbed.
>
> 1200 uses.
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:landuse%3Dflowerbed
> <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:landuse=flowerbed>
>
> I think making this page more fleshed out would serve well.
>
> Define it as an area used primarily for decorative flowers and other
> ornamental plants (that are not hedges or trees).

Why the height restriction? Some shrubs and trees have spectacular
flowers...

> That tag can be used in the decorations seen out front of a mall or
> school, the beds of flowers in a rose garden, large outdoor flower
> installations, or a decorative display found in roadside landscaping.
>
> Let the larger landuse define the purpose (garden, retail, park,
> median, etc), just like we use fence, wall, or parking.

=-O Is it really a 'landuse'? Or better as a 'landcover'?

Roadside landscaping is really use of the land for the road verge and as
such is really landuse=road/highway.

I think that the  tag should be for what is there - the land cover.
What the land is used for can change from one flower bed to another.
Possibly this landuse=flowerbed thinking follows that ridiculous tag
landuse=grass?