[Tagging] Flower fields as tourism attraction

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Wed Apr 11 21:23:28 UTC 2018

Javbw

> On Apr 11, 2018, at 7:37 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> An area with decorative flowers organized and presented in flowerbeds, with visitors and maybe a fee, will be something, like a flower show, with a name, maybe a website etc.

That is the overall Garden.  Garden:type=flower_field. Or flower_Spectacle. Whatever people suggest.  Tag the fees, name, website, etc on the enclosing garden tag (along with tourism=attraction).

I micromap tourist destinations. I tag the walking paths and walls. Hedges and driveways. Individual trees. Fences, gates, parking lot refs and individual vending machines. Many of the places I personally visit are flower parks. I have visited....  9 flower parks in the last few years. I map places I visit and revisit. Most are large outdoor gardens that fit into existing garden tags. A few of them are either a stand-alone flower fields or a garden/park/ with a named feature that is a dedicated large flower field (like that hill of blue nemophila). But all of them have beds of flowers with areas easily mappable from imagery.

I need another tag that says "this area here visible in imagery is decorative flowers". This exact 5m2 Or 100m2. If that is landuse=flower_bed or man_made=flowerbed or whatever, it's okay with me, I would like to "approve" it so we can get it documented, along with the garden:type=value.

Javbw