[Tagging] Flower fields as tourism attraction

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 06:51:31 UTC 2018

On 12/04/18 15:35, Marc Gemis wrote:
> If it is not landuse=flower_bed,what is the landuse tag then ? The
> land is used for something, not ? So even when you tag it as landcover
> (or man_made) = flower_bed, I would still expect to be able to add a
> landuse tag as well.

Yes... for things like a lilly pond, topiary etc
If not already used for something else - like highway, residential etc.

?landuse=decorative? passive_recreation?

I think the tag should not be a specific physical object but what it is used for - the human attribute.
Does that make sense?

> On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 12:04 AM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 11/04/18 19:30, John Willis wrote:
>>> Actual flower Farms are landuse=farmland crop=flowers. Yea, they may have
>>> a viewpoint and a gift shop. But those large commercial farms are not what
>>> I'm talking about.
>>>
>>> These are about tagging the actual beds of decorative flowers with
>>> landuse=flowerbed (which I think is totally a landuse - it is land dedicated
>>> to flowers for display or decoration),
>>
>> -1 ... it is not a 'landuse'.
>> The same can be done by other things than flower beds ... lilies on a pond,
>> topiary for example.
>> It is not defined by 'flowerbed!
>>
>> It is a land cover ...
>>
>>> and tagging gardens that are "flower spectacles" - places that grow
>>> flowers primarily as a spectacle (and often charge admission) using a
>>> garden:type=foobar is the two tags I am asking for feedback on.
>>> Landuse=grass is crappy - is it for sports? picnicing? Roadside shoulder?