[Tagging] Flower fields as tourism attraction

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 07:43:46 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 12. Apr 2018, at 02:54, John Willis <johnw at mac.com> wrote:
>
> If it is landcover or man_made or a new key like landscaping= or whatever, I don't care - but landuse=flower_bed is in defacto use and seems acceptable.

not every use does imply a landuse object of the same specific class, we don’t map landuse=supermarket but supermarkets are a use. We don’t map landuse=terraced_housing but aren’t terraced houses a use of land? We also don’t use landuse=wastewater_treatment. Landuses are more generic, they describe rough usage classes.  landuses don’t refer to features like a house or a supermarket, they refer to a purpose/activity class like retail, residential, industrial or commercial. For specific features we use tags like amenity, man_made, natural, tourism etc.
Flowerbed would be odd in the list of other landuses, because it is very specific. And it can/will typically occur within the established landuse classes.

Cheers,
Martin