[Tagging] How orphanage should be tagged?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 21:12:07 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 22. Apr 2018, at 22:23, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It might have as much to do with tagging as trying to replace terms with euphemisms.  They're all social facilities.
> They're all group homes.  Then specify the target group.
>
> Handling it any other way would lead to a proliferation of tag keys.  Maybe.

I am getting more and more the impression that whole amenity=social_facility tagging system was not a good idea. It would be so much simpler and clearer at the same time if we used duck tagging. amenity=nursing_home / orphanage / soup_kitchen / daycare / food_bank etc.
When needed you could still add the target group tag, but sometimes it is already implied.

Cheers,
Martin