[Tagging] How orphanage should be tagged?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 10:12:55 UTC 2018

> As for the part of the world I live in, Charles Dickens-style 'orphanages'
> don't exist anymore.
> Younger minors that are separated from their parents would be placed in
> foster families, or live in family-style structures following the
> SOS-Kinderdorf model. Juveniles live in supervised shared apartments
> (betreute Wohngemeinschaft). For the short term accommodation, there are
> group homes,...

For privacy concerns we obviously wouldn't map foster families, I'm less
sure for supervised shared apartments (it depends whether they are publicly
known / promoted / listed, have a sign, etc., or if you need "insider
knowledge"). I would have thought the term "group home" refered to the
latter (de "betreutes Gruppenwohnen" = "betreute Wohngemeinschaft") and
wikipedia:en seems to confirm, but apparently I was misguided?

Cheers,
Martin