[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Line clamps

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 12:17:14 UTC 2018

On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 12:49 AM, François Lacombe <fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Indeed there are situations where many kind of clamping is used. I think
> about line_clamp=mixed
> Especially for such poles : https://previews.123rf.com/
> images/saovadee/saovadee1406/saovadee140600044/28858354-
> electric-pole-with-messy-wire-that-look-dangerous.jpg

Yeah, all you could do with that one is line_clamp=mixed.  The down/up/down
situation you could maybe handle as
line_clamp=suspension;pin;suspension.

Insulators are a particular practical mean to do so especially for power
> where conductors have to be separated from their supports as to prevent
> electricity to go back to earth.
> You don't have insulator here : https://wiki.openstreetmap.
> org/wiki/File:Wooden_telecom_suspension_pole.jpeg
> But it a suspension clamping.

That's true.  Insulated cable, so the attachment isn't an insulator.

The main point is to remove power dedicated values from tower:type.

As it's better to make it global, such values are extended to portals,
> poles...
> And to make it an order more global, let's not design it specific to power
> anymore but suitable for telecom or any other line
> That's how line_clamp came to my mind.
> Should I update the proposal and rationale chapter?

Maybe.  Or maybe you need different terminology.  How about
"line_attachment" rather than line_clamp?

--
Paul