[Tagging] Lane geometry in OSM

Tom Hardy rhardy702 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 14:49:07 UTC 2018

On Friday, 3 August 2018 06:11:48 CDT Lionel Giard wrote:
>  If you look at the wiki page about different lanes tagging (
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Lanes ), you can see that a suggested
> way of tagging (in "Examples/Motorways") is using letter to indicate which
> lane goes to where (when there is a transition). This could be used to
> extent the width tagging for transition lane (where one lane split to two
> (or conversely). There are already a lot of possibility to tag detailed
> lanes, but we could indeed add the width in it !
[...]

I vaguely recall that, but I'll have to study to see what you're talking
about, shortly.

Also, I often see a center lane for left turns in both directions, as in
https://ecn.t0.tiles.virtualearth.net/tiles/a0213330110033323031.jpeg?g=6570
That's next on my list.  It's currently tagged as a two lane road just a bit
west of the intersection I referred to earlier.  Note the solid yellow lines
which usually means "do not cross" to me, so I think I'll have to look up the
law before I attempt to tag it.

--
Tom Hardy <rhardy702 at gmail.com>