[Tagging] Put the name in sidewalks and cycleways

yo paseopor yopaseopor at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 16:42:54 UTC 2018

Oks I will show you:

http://bit.ly/2M2Ff6J > Cycle way with name , you can see the name of the
street when you are riding by it.
http://bit.ly/2M8VRK6 > sidewalk without name, you can see the order
without any indication of name (openroute use then the nearest, I think)

The question is with a standard tagging scheme there is a way with these
tags:

highway=residential
name= x name
oneway=no
sidewalk=both
lanes:forward=2
lanes:backward=2
cycleway=track
surface=asphalt
maxspeed=50
lit=yes

In this scheme you will find all the things: the road, the sidewalks, the
cycleway, the lit...

But If I want to be more specific (accesibility? cycleway propierties?)
then I have to divide it in other items and "group it" but Can I repeat
some tags? (yes I can, but with name ?  Why I have to group it in this way
and not other?

for the road:

highway=residential
lanes:forward=2
lanes:backward=2
width=8
name= x name
oneway=no
surface=asphalt
maxspeed=50
lit=yes

for the sidewalk:

highway=footway
footway=sidewalk
(name= x name) << yes or not?
surface=cobblestone
lit=yes
width=3

for the cycleway:

highway=cycleway
(name= x name) << yes or not?
lanes:forward=1
lanes:backward=1
oneway=no
sidewalk=both
cycleway=track
surface=asphalt
maxspeed=10
lit=yes
width=2.5

Why the road is the only item I don't have any doubt to tag it with name= ?
Why the road is more important than the sidewalk or the cycleway? What is
more important : person, car or bike?

Thanks
Salut i voreres
yopaseopor