[Tagging] place nodes for continents?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 15:45:38 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 7. Aug 2018, at 10:20, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:
>
> Do we really want to approximate whole continents with a point, and if
> we do, where is that point to be placed?

obviously there isn’t a correct position for a continent node that cannot be modified without changing it (similar to other place nodes which represent big objects, e.g. countries, states, regions, bays, etc.), but is this a real problem? Have there been edit wars about the positions of continent nodes in the past 14 years?

Generally, kontinents are either delimited by the sea (e.g. australia) or are similar to other geographic regions (fuzzy, not clearly defined on a micro level). E.g. the border between Asia and Europe, or between the Americas.

Cheers,
Martin