[Tagging] Missing access value (access=license / authorization?)

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 18:56:56 UTC 2018

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 7:02 PM, Szem <szembiketeam at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've never done this before too. If I can help anyone I'll try...

I decided to start off a proposal page for you to flesh out.  And when I
tried, I found it was already there.  Take a look at
 https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/access%3Dpermit  It
appears that ke9tv has already done
everything you could wish for, and more.

Note, however, the closing paragraph on that page:

This general function has been requested repeatedly. Several topics on
the discussion
page for the *access* key
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Key:access> refer to it. It was
also the subject of a lengthy recent thread
<https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2016-July/029659.html>
on the 'Tagging' mailing list. No existing tagging scheme appears to
suffice for the desired function.

It's déjà vu all over again...

--
Paul