[Tagging] Slash, space, or spaced hyphen in multi-lingual names

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 8 23:07:46 UTC 2018

name must be only one name of course faild with bilingual area.
of course local communities have the rules that apply to this situation
and try to impose a single rule on the world will fail

but Andry's message seems imho a good idea :
having only-one rule that can be used everywhere is better than
having x rules that try to do the same thing which implies that
a contributor must discover those x rules and that the software
concerned must code x routines to use them (try to create a QA to catch
name to name:xx mistmatch in multilangual area... you 'll see the issue)
discussing the advantages and disadvantages of the different separators
currently used is very useful for using the experience of different
local communities.
afterward PROPOSING a 'global' rule would make sense, although obviously
it would be up to each local community to choose whether or not to adopt it.