[Tagging] Points instead of areas

Christoph Hormann osm at imagico.de
Thu Aug 9 06:40:23 UTC 2018

On Thursday 09 August 2018, Daniel Koc4‡ wrote:

> I like real life detailed data, but even in theory it's clear for me
> that while people might want some points, they are just what I've
> said - generalizations. [...]

No, as i have written and explained this is fundamentally wrong.  But it
is a nice summary of the base dogma of the "everything is a polygon"
fraction in OSM.

What i find most amazing is that you try to uphold this dogma even where
it is obvious how it clashes with reality like in the bench example.

Well - i cannot do anything about it if you are not ready to question
your assumtions.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/