[Tagging] Slash, space, or spaced hyphen in multi-lingual names

pelderson pelderson at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 09:30:46 UTC 2018

I don't see anyone trying to change your way.

Verzonden vanaf mijn Samsung Galaxy-smartphone.
-------- Oorspronkelijk bericht --------Van: Jo <winfixit at gmail.com> Datum: 11-08-18  09:29  (GMT+01:00) Aan: "Tag discussion, strategy and related tools" <tagging at openstreetmap.org> Onderwerp: Re: [Tagging] Slash, space, or spaced hyphen in multi-lingual names
It's actually funny how these things go. Several years ago, mappers asked: How can we map multilingual names. We told them: In Brussels we do it with a spaced hyphen.
Oh thank you, we'll do it in a different way.
Several years later, people wonder why there are different ways for doing things and attempt to 'standardise' these separators.
Polyglot