[Tagging] healthcare : nurse <> nursing_home <> nursing

Jmapb jmapb at gmx.com
Mon Aug 13 17:40:07 UTC 2018

If this is something akin to a doctor's office, but staffed by a nurse
instead of a doctor, I'd suggest healthcare=nurse. It's a parallel
structure to healthcare=doctor, healthcare=dentist, healthcare=midwife,
etc. It's not in the wiki, but it is the most popular tag and IMO
self-explanatory.

The healthcare=office + office=nurse combo I'm not so keen on. Obviously
"doctor's office" and even "nurse's office" are common phrases in
English, but in OSM I feel that healthcare=office implies that it's an
administrative office not a location where patients are treated.

On 8/5/2018 5:38 PM, marc marc wrote:
> I'm interested by the premise/local/office/room where a nurse work.
> those 2 url doesn't help,
> healthcare key on wiki doesn't have the word nurse on it.
> social_facility is wrong for this case.
>
> Le 05. 08. 18 à 17:56, Dave F a écrit :
>> Could you clarity: Are you interested in the noun - 'a nurse' or verb -
>> 'to nurse'?
>>
>> There are many varieties of nurses & many establishments where people
>> are nursed:
>>
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:healthcare
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:social_facility
>>
>> DaveF
>>
>> On 04/08/2018 22:39, marc marc wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to help a mapper to add the premise where a nurse works
>>>
>>> According to taginfo, several healthcare=* value look like similar
>>> https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/?key=healthcare#values
>>> nurse 44
>>> nursing_home 39
>>> nursing 24
>>> Home_Nursing 1
>>> wiki seem to only have one of them (and only a few line in french)
>>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/FR:Comment_cartographier_un_(sant%C3%A9)
>>>
>>> I also found some some variant
>>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:social_facility%3Dnursing_home
>>> but it's not the case here.
>>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Healthcare_2.0
>>> health_facility:type=office + office=nurse or health_person:type=nurse
>>>
>>> I was wondering if these terms were identical ?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Marc