[Tagging] Tagging a residential bridge building

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 20:40:25 UTC 2018

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 9:10 PM, Volker Schmidt <voschix at gmail.com> wrote:

> How do I correctly tag a building that is a bridge (building=bridge) and
> is also residential (building=residential), This is a single-storey
> building containing some flats that connects two multi-storey residential
> buildings (it's partially visible in the Mapillary image [1])
> You can see my tentative tagging here: [2]

Is it really a bridge?  I assume there's a corridor in it to get to the
flats and the corridor may be traversible from one of
the multi-storey buildings to the other, but is it the primary route that
people would take because it is impossible to
traverse the road beneath it?  If it's not, the simplest way is to use
tunnel=building_passage + layer=0 for the section of
way that passes beneath it.  See the second example picture here
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/building_passage#tunnel.3Dbuilding_passage
although you'd probably need to add a width to the way.

Alternatively, indoor mapping gives more complicated ways of doing the same
thing.

--
Paul