[Tagging] addr:street=* combined with place=square, name=*

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 08:57:29 UTC 2018

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 3:45 PM Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I know in the US there are distance based housenumbers, and also in Rome
> there is one single street which has distance based numbering, still the
> vast majority of distance based address indications around here are _not_
> housenumbers.

So how would you tag these distance-based numbers in OSM without using
addr:full? addr:housenumber seems to me to be the best fit and without
needing to introduce yet another tag. I have certainly used
addr:housenumber to tag these types of numbers in my country and I am glad
to read that people in other countries think the same, which makes me think
that, while this is not 100% logically correct, it makes sense, in a way.