[Tagging] residents only after hours

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 08:51:43 UTC 2018

On 18/08/18 17:19, SelfishSeahorse wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Friday, August 17, 2018, Jmapb <jmapb at gmx.com
> <mailto:jmapb at gmx.com>> wrote:
>
>     I've got a pedestrian way behind a large apartment building (leads
>     to a back entrance) that's restricted to residents only after
>     hours. Or more precisely, it's signed "Open to the public Oct 1 -
>     Apr 30 7am-8pm, May 1 - Sep 30 7am-10:30pm."
>
>     My best guess at tagging is:
>     access=yes
>     access:conditional=destination @ (Oct-Apr: 20:00-07:00; May-Sep:
>     22:00-07:00)
>

> Because you wrote that it's a pedestrian way, i guess the access
> restriction only applies to pedestrians. In that case you should use
> foot[:conditional]=* instead of access[:conditional]=*, otherways you
> also give access to vehicles, horses etc.
>
> Besides, i think you shoul rather go from the most restrictive to the
> least restrictive, i.e.:
+1

> foot=destination
> foot:conditional=yes @ (Oct 1-Apr 30 07:00-20:00, May 1-Sep 30
> 07:00-22:30)

but I'd go

access=destination
foot:conditional=yes @ (Oct 1-Apr 30 07:00-20:00, May 1-Sep 30 07:00-22:00)

Local conditions could mean a pedestrian way is accessible by a bicycle,
a moped... in which case the conditional tagging would go to
access:conditional=yes @ (Oct 1-Apr 30 07:00-20:00, May 1-Sep 30
07:00-22:00)