[Tagging] How to tag small canals?

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 14:11:17 UTC 2018

Without getting into scientific, expert or philosophic discussions, I think it would not hurt to have a standardized way of recording say a bandwidth for dimensions like width and ele. The example in this case was width=3 m - 6 m or so, with the assumpion this notation would not be usable to data users. I’m just saying that it would not be that hard to find a processable notation for this, and simply asked if it already exists or has been proposed.

Agreeing on it is a different matter, especially in OSM circles.

Mvg Peter Elderson