[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - leisure=racetrack

Lorenzo Mastrogiacomi lomastrolo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 15:12:16 UTC 2018

Il giorno gio, 23/08/2018 alle 15.47 +0200, Yves ha scritto:
> I really fail to understand why leisure=sport_center (or else) +
> sport=kart doesn't suits you.
>
> Yves

Because  motor (and also animal) racetracks are well-defined features
and it's worthwhile to distinguish them instead of putting together in
the cauldron of all sports centers.

A dedicated tag would also allow mappers to map them appropriately even
if they don't know the sport practiced and they can not put a sport=*
tag.
I know some people use the couple leisure=sports_centre + sport=motor
as generic tagging but I think the sport=* tag could be used with a
more specific value than "motor" for a more accurate mapping.

On the data consumer side, I believe that a dedicated tag is an
improvement because it allows them to recognize this type of sports
centres without the need to see which sport=* is combined with, which
seems to me not easy considering how many values are currently used.

Lorenzo