[Tagging] nobrand

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 22:15:05 UTC 2018

On Fri, 24 Aug 2018 at 18:29, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > On 24. Aug 2018, at 09:57, Cascafico Giovanni <cascafico at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > IMHO all records tagged brand="Pompe Bianche" don't have well-known name
> nor well-known operator.
>
> well known by whom? If there is a sign I would think it is sufficient, and
> I still have to find a petrol station without a sign
>
> > Maybe I misunderstand fuzzy terms like "well-known", but I don't think
> "MG Gas S.R.L." is part of this category
>
> seems to be an operator

I'll agree with Martin - nearby we have a service station "Brian's Auto
Centre" - it is a one-off, independent service station, but it's probably
also the biggest service station in this city of 600000 people!

They would be very upset (& so would I, seeing I mapped them!) if they were
renamed "No Name" (or "Pompe Bianche"?)

If there is any form of name out the front, then that name should be
mapped, regardless of whether or not anybody thinks it's "well known" or
not, because to the locals in that town, it *is* well known.

Thanks

Graeme