[Tagging] Stolpersteine tagging scheme problem

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 00:49:31 UTC 2018

On Sat, Aug 25, 2018 at 12:48 AM, Daniel Koć <daniel at koć.pl> wrote:

> We're currently discussing special rendering of memorials on OSM Carto
> and Stolpersteine looks like a problematic case, because all other types
> seem to embrace memorial=* notation, while Stolpersteine are usually
> using memorial:type=* notation.

See also https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:memorial%3Dstolperstein
which
says memorial=stoplerstein is preferred.  But that is probably disputed.

I did some searching pretty much at random and found
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/4892971695
which has memorial=stoperstein + memorial:type=stolperstein, which is one
way of handling the
problem.

> Here is a link to German forum where I started to ask about possible
> change of this tagging:

The person who probably knows more about this than anyone is the mapper
with the handle lutz.  He also
controls the historic places map, so any change to tagging of these things
may affect that.  If you've not
encountered that map, this is its version of the memorial I found above:
http://gk.historic.place/historische_objekte/translate/en/index-en.html?zoom=18&lat=52.48731&lon=13.42274&pid=HaHbHcSaHe&detail=3
Click on the star to get more details.  So it would be nice if whatever you
decide
doesn't break that.  Have a word with lutz - he's a nice guy.

--
Paul